With one of our self-catering cottages as your base in West Cork you can indulge in cycling, golf, angling, horse-riding, diving, kayaking and whale watching to name just a few activities.
Cycling in West Cork is a joy. Uncrowded roads, little lanes, not too hilly and plenty of watering holes. Roycroft’s Cycles In Skibbereen hire bikes by the day or week and give you advice on cycle routes Tel: 028 21235.
There are several golf courses within easy reach of Grove House.
- Skibbereen’s own 18 hole course is well kept and offers very reasonable green fees. Tel: 028 21227
- Bantry 18 hole. Tel: 027 50579
- Bandon: 18 hole. Tel: 023 41111
- Glengarriff: 9 Hole. Tel: 027 63150
- Lisselan (Clonakilty) 9 hole. Tel: 023 33249
- Old Head of Kinsale 18 hole. Tel: 021 477 8444
For the keen angler there is a choice of sea fishing (from boat or shore), game fishing for salmon or freshwater lake fishing.
There are a few boat operators that offer angling trips out of both Union Hall, Baltimore and Schull
- Iain O’Driscoll, Baltimore. Tel: 086 386 2876
- Gerald O’Neill, Union Hall. Tel: 028 33510
- Mick Walsh, Skibbereen. Tel: 028 21675